Theme: Success and Failure in Art
When: September 21 – 23, 2018… registration opens February 2018
Where: Arlington Beach Camp and Conference Centre is situated on the shores of Last Mountain Lake in Saskatchewan. It is located between Saskatoon and Regina.
Who: For men and women, ages 13-103, of all artistic disciplines who want time to devote to their own creative projects, love the outdoors, and are interested in connecting with like-minds.
What: A nature-based arts retreat designed to move you forward on your creative journey. All of the activities are optional, but the following elements are the back-bone of the experience.
- Studio space to work on your craft… If you crave uninterrupted time to paint, write, dream, sketch, carve wood, or do whatever it is you do, this retreat is for you. The common area on the main-floor of the lodge, with its many tables and chairs will be a sacred space dedicated to creators who wish to focus on their work.
- Nature… Take an early morning walk along the beach, go kayaking, meander down an over-grown prairie lane, lay on the grass and stare at the clouds, paddle into the sunset, find inspiration everywhere and translate it into your craft.
- Community… Participate in a culture of honesty and warmth. Group sessions and workshops allow you to connect with artists from diverse backgrounds and interests. The spacious second-floor lounge, with its comfy seating and fireplace, will be available for anyone who wants to create and enjoy conversation at the same time.
Everyone who comes to Wonderscape is a co-creator of the event; your unique presence and gifts help shape the experience. Think of it as an artist’s potluck! There are several specific ways you can participate…
- Weekend library TBA
- Maker’s market TBA
- Skill Trade – Perhaps you are good at sketching wildflowers and wouldn’t mind taking someone else along with you while you draw. Maybe you play an instrument, have photography experience, or love editing writing. If you are willing to share/trade your talents and interests with someone else in a one-to-one setting, there will be a sign up sheet where you can offer your skills and take advantage of others’ expertise.
- Lead a workshop (see Collaborate page for details)
Early-bird Cost: $295 (shared room with queen bed and twin bunks); $365 (private room with queen bed and twin bunks). Workshop materials are not included in this price. Add $50 to fees after June 1, 2018.
Schedule, Workshops and Guest Artists TBA…
How to Get There: Arlington Beach is 1.5 hours north of Regina, 2 hours south of Saskatoon, and 2 hours west of Yorkton. See Google maps for further directions (Note: When you turn west and head towards Last Mountain Lake at the “town” of Cymric there is only one building. Blink and you’ll miss it!)